We love Aspen in the fall, and are very excited for the approaching season, but it is not too late to squeeze in another quick last-minute summer vacation. While the start of September usually connotes changing colors, crisp weather, and chunky sweaters, summer doesn’t officially end until Wednesday, September 21st, 2016. So make the best of it and visit Aspen for 75 degree weather and a final summer vacation!
While the summer activites on Aspen mountain have come to a close in preparation for the winter season, there is still a multitude of other summer activities still being offered:
- Biking: One of the most popular summer activities for outdoorsmen and thrill seekers alike, ground and mountain biking tours are offered through October. If you’re looking for a more independent experience, there are trails throughout the Maroon Bells area that are available exclusively to bikers.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: Enjoy the beautiful morning air while looking at breathtaking views. Hot Air Balloons take flight at sunrise and provide you with an opportunity to see Aspen and the surrounding mountains like you’ve never experienced them before. If the unbelieveable vantage point isn’t enough to sell you, then stay for the delicious provided brunch and souvenir.
- Whitewater Rafting: If you’re looking to cool off, get wet on a whitewater rafting trip. With beginner, intermediate, and advanced trips, whitewater rafting is great for families, friends, or individuals. The trips can span from 4 hours to full day excursions and are offered through October.
- Sunset Dinner Tours: Looking for scenic views and a delicious meal? The Sunset Dinner Tour has both! Take a four-wheel drive tour to a secluded and beautiful location, followed by a traditional country meal served by a cozy campfire. You can’t go wrong with an evening under the stars.
- Fly Fishing: Unwind on the lake or in the rivers while fishing for trout. With expert guides helping you along the way, you’ll learn a multitude of angling tips and tricks. There a half and full day trips available with lunch provided.
The fun never ends in Aspen, but the seasons do! If you’re looking for a final summer trip, stay with My Aspen Rental for a great time.