There are plenty of cultural happenings in Aspen, Colorado as you enjoy your stay at your Aspen vacation rentals. Locals are quite proud of its cultural heritage that inspires the mind, body and spirit. Throughout the year you can choose from exciting live music, to professional dance performances, to famous art exhibits. The following are some of the exciting events going on right now!
The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, an acclaimed professional dance company, is wowing crowds this summer with an exciting mix of shows. They also play an important role in the summer Aspen Dance Festival. Beyond performing, the ballet offers classes to youth and adults alike. For more information, visit www.aspensantafeballet.com.
The City of Aspen is of the opinion that one can’t ever enjoy enough art! There are plenty of museums and exhibits to check out. For more information on current exhibits you can check Google the Anderson Ranch Arts Center and the Aspen Art museum. Current exhibitions at the art museum include Haegue Yang’s creations and the art of Stephen Shore. There are also great opportunities for those who want to take art classes. Visit www.aspenchamber.org and click on the Art Museum and Centers tab.
You can head into town on the weekends and some weekdays to enjoy local bands at favorite bars. You can also take in an evening of Jazz, symphony, and contemporary concerts. You can review the music events calendar at www.aspenmusicfestival.com. Additionally, for those who want to learn more about music, there are all sorts of great classes offered through the Aspen Music Festival.
In addition to dance, art and music, you can enjoy everything from poetry gatherings at local coffee shops, take in a show at the Wheeler Opera House, or enjoy a play at the Theatre Aspen.
The sky is the limit when it comes to fun in Aspen for those who want to enjoy more than amazing scenery!
Families around the world understand the importance of a good ole’ s’mores night by the campfire or crackling fireplace.Whether on a camping trip or at an Aspen vacation rental, the key is to rally the troops and inspire them to bring their inspiration to the activity at hand. No one should be guilty of not participating – including kids, parents, grandparents and friends – for it is during a s’more night that inspiration is fueled, the funniest stories told and laughter shared. There is no right way to create a one. In fact, the more out of the box one is willing to jump, the tastier their s’more will become!
The Ultimate S’more Recipe
Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups
Hershey’s Crunch Bar
Any Other Well-Loved Candy Bar or Ingredient
Hanger, skewer, or special S’more apparatus
- Set your ingredients out on a table or blanket for all participants to easily choose from. If on a camping trip, make sure that you don’t let sand get into your ingredients. Also, encourage everyone to have fun with their creations!!
- Hand all participants their hanger, skewer or other special s’more apparatus and instruct them to place their marshmallow(s) onto the device. It is best to make sure that the marshmallows are centered so that they don’t fall into the fire.
- Place the marshmallows over the fire so that they can become warm and brown. Some like their marshmallows crispy and are bold enough to place them in the flame and/or move them quickly through the flame. In the case that a marshmallow begins to burn, quickly pull it form the fire and blow the flame out.
- For the Ultimate s’more, you’ll want to make sure that whatever form of chocolate you choose melts a bit, and sometimes a marshmallow isn’t hot enough to melt it. To remedy this situation, place the chocolate (or better yet a Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup!) near the fire and allow for it to melt a bit if possible.
- Once the marshmallow is prepared to your satisfaction, remove it and place it on a graham cracker and then place the semi-melted chocolate on top of the marshmallow.
- Add any other filler that you’d like, such as peanut butter, caramel, etc.
- Place another graham cracker on top and then bite into your ultimate s’more. The bigger mess everyone makes the better! And don’t forget that multiple layers of chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows are allowed!!
The beauty of a s’more night is that the activity brings everyone together for a moment you will never forget!
Looking to travel to Aspen, Colorado and want to bring your whole s’more crew to enjoy Aspen’s amazing beauty? Check out VRBO Aspen. You’ll be amazed at how many friends and family you can accommodate for endless fun and adventure. Aspen luxury rentals make for the most memorable vacations!