Aspen Blog Aspen Event, aspen house rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
It has officially been confirmed that First Lady Michelle Obama and her two daughters are exploring Aspen, Colorado. According to a longtime ski instructor, Michelle, kids, and friends are lodging near Buttermilk Mountain in a large private home. In an effort to accommodate the family, the home’s owners Jim and Paula Crown have relocated to Aspen rentals.
In an effort to fully experience Aspen’s outdoor adventures, the Obamas and their friends have hired five private instructors and are skiing the day away. Their mountain of choice is Buttermilk, which is one of the beautifully groomed Aspen Snowmass properties.
According to sources, the Obamas have been “polite, charming and appreciative” while enjoying the charms of Aspen.
Rather than eating lunch at a lodge or in town, the Obamas and friends are expected to enjoy a moment at the Crown’s house. The privacy is indicative of the many advantages of enjoying a stay at a Aspen Vacation Rental by Owner with private amenities. The secluded site makes security much easier to maintain for the protection of the First Family. After lunch, the Obamas and friends are expected to hit the slopes and enjoy the experience, along with the other American families enjoying a President’s Day away from the office.
The trip was completely kept under wraps until the Obamas landed in Aspen. In order to keep the visit secret, code names were assigned to all members of the family. Prior to landing in Aspen for their vacation, the Secret Service was in town surveying and discovering spots that the Obamas can visit in peace.
In a 2011 Wall Street Journal article, it was revealed that Aspen is the “most expensive town in America” to live in, with the least expensive real estate listing at $559,000. While real estate can be quite pricy, there are definite opportunities for reasonably priced vacation rentals to be enjoyed by the family.
The Obamas’ visit makes them one of the several renowned families to enjoy the charms of Aspen. Famous Aspen home owners currently include the Kennedys, Goldie Hawn, Jimmy Buffet, Jack Nicholson, and Kevin Costner. Also, Oprah Winfrey frequents the resort in an effort to get away from the hustle and bustle of Chicago.
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen home rentals, aspen house rental, aspen lodging, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen vrbos, homeaway.com, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals in aspen co, vrbo aspen
Planning your trip to a Aspen Vacation Rentals in Colorado and looking to book some exciting adventures while you’re here? We would definitely recommend giving dogsledding a try! The following are five reasons you won’t want to miss out:
- Sled Dogs are Brilliant Animals – Imagine coming face to face with a pack of beautiful dogs with amazing energy and the undying determination to make your day unforgettable. These pups are specifically bred to fly across the snow and look forward to every minute of it. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself wanting to raise a sled dog team of your own before the day is over!
- Out in Nature – The beauty of a sledding adventure lies in the fact that you will be taken out into the middle of nature surrounded by towering pine trees. Beyond intermittent dog barks, the only thing you’ll hear is the sled gliding on the snow and the wind as you move across the rugged terrain.
- Great Group Adventure – The whole family can enjoy a dogsledding experience! There is nothing better than taking the entire clan out into nature for an unforgettable adventure. Throughout the day, there will be plenty of photo ops, so you won’t want to forget your camera!
- Educational Experience – You will be amazed at how much you will learn about sled dogs, the history of the sport, helpful techniques, top dog sled events, and the surrounding area. Most guides are more than excited to answer questions about the sport and the area – don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you’d like.
- Ultimate Freedom – As you glide along behind the sled team, you will feel so very free. It is a truly magical experience!
To book your dogsled adventure, you can give Krabloonik Dogsledding a call at 970-923-3953. They offer an amazingly fun and educational experience to all. Krabloonik’s location is in Snowmass Village, just moments from Aspen rentals.
Still looking for a vacation rental? Definitely check out VRBO Aspen for the perfect rental!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen house rental, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, homeaway.com, rental home in aspen, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado, x games
Looking for an inspiring event to share with family and friends in Aspen, Colorado? You definitely shouldn’t miss out on the ESPN WinterX Games 16 taking place between January 26 and 29, 2012. The event will attract 125 of the most talented and adventurous professional trick skiers, snowboarders, and snowmobilers from around the world to compete for medals and prize money. All of the fun can be enjoyed for FREE!
The games will be held at Aspen/Snowmass’ very own Buttermilk Mountain, a prime spot for winter sports enthusiasts to root for their favorite stars, while enjoying the natural beauty of Aspen. If you are thinking of attending, it is a prime idea to book your Aspen Rentals as soon as possible, as properties tend to sell out quickly in lieu of the event.
The ESPN WinterX Games will kick off on January 27th, featuring the Skiing Slopestyle Men’s Elimination from 10 am – 12 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle Elimination from 11:30 am – 1 pm, Skiing Slopestyle Women’s Final from 1 pm – 2 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle Round One from 7pm – 8 pm, Snowboard SuperPipe Men’s Elimination from 7 pm – 8:30 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle final from 8:30 pm – 9 pm, and Skiing SuperPipe Women’s Final from 9 pm – 9:40 pm.
Saturday and Sunday will see the fun continue, while featuring thrilling events including mono skiing, women’s SuperPipe, snowboarding, Slopstyle skiing, and snowmobiling. Saturday the competitions begin at 9:30 am and end at 9pm, while Sunday they kick off at 10:30 am and end at 8 pm.
You are sure to have a blast no matter which events you decide to take in! You can either watch all day long or split your time between watching and hitting the slopes.
This marks the 11th consecutive year the event will be held at Snowmass, just a short drive from favorite Aspen vacation rentals. You definitely won’t want to miss out! Looking for the right vacation rental for your family and friends? Search VRBO Aspen to find the perfect spot.
For more information on the ESPN WinterX Games, visit www.xgames.com.
Aspen Travel aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen summer rentals, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen wedding, homeaway.com, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals by owner Aspen, vacation rentals in aspen co, vacationrentals.com, vrbo aspen
Have a fascination with railways and want to view Colorado from a unique perspective? The beauty of train expeditions lays in the fact that you are able to enjoy some of the most remote and picturesque regions while letting the rails guide your adventurous self. To access Colorado’s railways, it’s best to take a day trip from your Aspen vacation rentals.
The following is a list of recommended railways for you and your family to enjoy:
Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway: Noted as one of the most exciting cog railways in the world, adventurers are led 14,110 feet up the summit of Pikes Peak! You are guaranteed numerous spectacular views throughout your journey.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: Imagine rolling on the tracks of a railway that hauled more than $300 million in gold and silver during the mining era. You and your family can enjoy the thrill of riding in restored 1880 passenger cars and exploring abandoned mine sites, the wild Animas River, San Juan Mountains, and the historic town of Silverton.
Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad: This four-mile round trip journey takes you through old mining sites and the historic gold-rush town of Cripple Creek.
George Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park: This historic loop was built in 1884 to accommodate the booming mining industry. You are sure to revel in the area’s rugged wilderness and beautiful views. Plus, Georgetown is an adorable town with plenty to offer visitors from around the world.
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad: Discover Colorado’s newest scenic steam engine driven train. The route will guide you through hundreds of miles of breathtaking scenery and historic towns.
Royal Gorge Scenic Railway: This 30-minute journey within open-air cars offers spectacular views of Royal Gorge and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. This is a great trek for children, as they love riding in the open-air and it’s one of the shorter routes.
Royal Gorge Route Railroad: Built in the 1950s, this rail line takes you into one of America’s most majestic canyons. Soon you’ll find yourself at the bottom of the Royal Gorge, peering up 1,200 feet to the Royal Gorge Bridge.
After a day on the rails, you can review the day’s adventures within the comfort of your Aspen rentals. Looking for vacation rentals in Aspen? You will be amazed at what you can find through VRBO Aspen. Wishing you amazing railway journeys throughout Colorado!
Aspen Travel aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen homes for rent, aspen local info, aspen rental, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental by owner, aspen vacation rentals, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals by owner Aspen, vrbo aspen
Planning a trip to Aspen and looking for a fun way to spend your evenings? The 122-year-old Wheeler Opera House is just a short drive from your Aspen vacation rentals and has been newly renovated for one of its most exciting seasons ever. It is recommended that you start the evening by enjoying a delicious dinner at the opera house’s street-level restaurant and then take in the show of your choice.
The 2011-2012 show lineup is set to include everything from acoustic guitar specialists, country music, jazz, rock, stand-up comedians, documentaries and more. The schedule is currently being expanded on, but will include a diverse set of offerings to entertain the varied interests of Aspen locals and visitors.
Some of the scheduled events include the Warren Miller Entertainment ski documentary “Like There’s No Tomorrow” on October 29, Mike Marolt ski documentary “The Thin Line: Life On the Edge” on November 4, musician Loudon Wainwright III on November 5, country-pop duo Callie Angel and Wade Waters on November 19, the blockbuster Broadway musical Annie beginning December 16 and ending December 23, comedy troupe Crystal Palace and Glenwood Vaudeville Revue on December 26, the jazz of Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue on December 27, musician Kim Carnes & friends on December 29, Best of the Fest comedy show December 30, guitarist David Bromberg on December 31, an off-the-hook New Year’s party, and more! For additional information and a more detailed schedule visit www.wheeleroperahouse.com.
Looking for a place to stay in Aspen? You should definitely consider Aspen rentals. Rather than stay in a limiting traditional hotel, you can enjoy the ability to sit around a crackling fireplace with your friends and family, make your own feasts in a private kitchen or barbecue outside, and have nearby access to the many activities offered in Aspen, Colorado. For more information, take a look at VRBO Aspen. You will be surprised at what you can find at all price levels.
When in town, don’t miss out on all the exciting Wheeler Opera House events, as there is nothing like an adventurous day on the slopes, a delicious dinner, and an entertaining show to end the day!
Travel Info aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen vacation rentals, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen
Are you a golfer and getting away in a Aspen vacation rentals? You will definitely want to check out one of the amazing golf courses. The area provides some of the most beautiful golfing experiences in the country!
Many golfers like to take to Roaring Fork Valley and experience one of its four scenic golf courses. The valley provides the beauty of towering green pines, abundant wildlife, and expansive open space. Its golf courses are situated near all sorts of fun outdoor activities, so the non-golfers in your family can come along and have fun while you work on your swing!
Choose from one of the following courses:
- Aspen Golf Club: The club is a few miles west of Aspen Rentals and boasts of 18 pristine holes. The course is just over 7,000 yards long and includes a state-of-the-art driving range and putting greens, full-service locker room, and more. Golf season at the club runs from April to October and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Depending on when you play, greens fees range from $29-$129. If you dare to play after 3 p.m. you can enjoy “Twilight Rates,” which are less expensive. You can walk or ride the course, as cart rentals are available. For more information call (970) 923-5700.
- Maroon Creek Club: Also three miles from town, Maroon Creek is a private club. Unless you are a member, interested in becoming a member, or a family member/friend of a member, it is quite difficult to play the course. In the case that you can score a round, the course is 7,100 of pure beauty. Call (970) 920-1533 for more information.
- Snowmass Club: This idyllic 72 par course measures approximately 7,000 yards and is home to towering trees and amazing wildlife. The club does require membership prior to 1 p.m., but is open to the public the rest of the day! The club’s season runs from May through October, and is a favorite of many visitors. For more information call (970) 923-5700.
- Roaring Fork Club: This is also a private club and is designed by famed Jack Nicklaus. Located off Highway 82, the course is an 18-hole, par 72 with some of the most amazing views around. One must know that gaining the right to play there is highly unlikely if you don’t know a member. It is an invitation only club for those who take their golf game very seriously.
As you plan your next Aspen vacation home rental, you won’t want to miss out on the beautiful golf courses just miles away. There is something for level of golfer to enjoy!