Aspen Blog aspen home rentals, aspen homes for rent, aspen house rental, aspen lodging, aspen luxury rentals, aspen rental property
In an effort to let go of daily stressors and gain health, people from all over the world flock to Colorado’s geothermal hot springs. Nestled throughout the Rocky Mountain region and within driving distance of Aspen, there are a handful of amazing springs for you to enjoy as you venture out from your Aspen vacation rental. The following are three favorites for you to enjoy!
Glenwood Springs (40-minute drive from Aspen) is a prime location for hot spring adventures for the family. The expansive pool, also known “The Grand Spring,” spans two blocks and contains therapeutic mineral waters that are quite calming and healing. Legend has it that the hot springs were first discovered by the Ute Indians.
Penny Hot Springs
A second option is Penny Hot Springs located within the Crystal River Valley. The spot is frequented by locals who enjoy soaking after a long day of work. There you will find yourself in nature surrounded by amazing views of the valley and beautiful trees. The Penny Hot Springs are as natural as one can get, as two mineral springs bubble up from within granite and marble rocks. You’ll be amazed at how warm its waters can become, with temperatures as high as 130 degrees! As you enjoy the temperate waters and rugged nature, don’t be surprised if you get a glimpse of mountain goats and other wildlife while blissfully soaking under blue skies.
Conundrum Hot Springs
If you are feeling adventurous and would to take a minor hike before enjoying a soak in a luxurious natural hot spring, Conundrum (is located in the Maroon Bells near Aspen) and it’s the perfect choice. The 9-mile (18 miles round trip) hike to the hot springs is breathtaking, as you pass waterfalls and enjoy the colorful meadows and fragrant wildflowers. The last couple of miles are a bit rocky and steep, so be prepared for a challenge! Once you reach the hot springs, you’ll be happy you worked so hard on the way up. The water is crystal clear and it’s a perfect 98 degrees. The beauty of Conundrum is the challenging hike will make the hot springs all the more fantastic. Once you’ve soaked until your heat’s content, you can either explore the area in more detail or take the 9-mile trek back to the car.
No matter how you stack it, hot spring adventures make for unforgettable moments. No matter which hot spring you choose, you are sure to gain the much-needed relaxation you’ve been craving!
Aspen Blog Aspen Event, aspen house rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
It has officially been confirmed that First Lady Michelle Obama and her two daughters are exploring Aspen, Colorado. According to a longtime ski instructor, Michelle, kids, and friends are lodging near Buttermilk Mountain in a large private home. In an effort to accommodate the family, the home’s owners Jim and Paula Crown have relocated to Aspen rentals.
In an effort to fully experience Aspen’s outdoor adventures, the Obamas and their friends have hired five private instructors and are skiing the day away. Their mountain of choice is Buttermilk, which is one of the beautifully groomed Aspen Snowmass properties.
According to sources, the Obamas have been “polite, charming and appreciative” while enjoying the charms of Aspen.
Rather than eating lunch at a lodge or in town, the Obamas and friends are expected to enjoy a moment at the Crown’s house. The privacy is indicative of the many advantages of enjoying a stay at a Aspen Vacation Rental by Owner with private amenities. The secluded site makes security much easier to maintain for the protection of the First Family. After lunch, the Obamas and friends are expected to hit the slopes and enjoy the experience, along with the other American families enjoying a President’s Day away from the office.
The trip was completely kept under wraps until the Obamas landed in Aspen. In order to keep the visit secret, code names were assigned to all members of the family. Prior to landing in Aspen for their vacation, the Secret Service was in town surveying and discovering spots that the Obamas can visit in peace.
In a 2011 Wall Street Journal article, it was revealed that Aspen is the “most expensive town in America” to live in, with the least expensive real estate listing at $559,000. While real estate can be quite pricy, there are definite opportunities for reasonably priced vacation rentals to be enjoyed by the family.
The Obamas’ visit makes them one of the several renowned families to enjoy the charms of Aspen. Famous Aspen home owners currently include the Kennedys, Goldie Hawn, Jimmy Buffet, Jack Nicholson, and Kevin Costner. Also, Oprah Winfrey frequents the resort in an effort to get away from the hustle and bustle of Chicago.
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental by owner, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, vrbo aspen
Looking to plan a most relaxing getaway in the New Year? There are a number of reasons to choose Aspen for your spa retreat, especially if you are a spouse and/or parent. Not only are there beautiful Aspen rentals to choose from, your loved ones can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities while you enjoy multiple days at the spa!
The following are 3 top-notch spas that you may want to consider as you plan your Aspen relaxation fest:
- St. Regis’ Remede Spa. One of the most exclusive spas in all of Aspen, the St. Regis Spa is 15,000 square feet of pure luxury. There you can include anything from a custom massage, to warm body wraps, to manicures and pedicures, saunas, the oxygen lounge, steam caves and more. For more information call 970-429-9650.
- Aspen Club and Spa. This 77,000 square foot club is amazingly tranquil and includes a beautiful gym, open-aired Japanese Pagoda, and spa services. You can choose from a variety of relaxing treatments including massage, skin care, waxing and tinting, and colon hydrotherapy. The Aspen Club & Spa is a favorite of top stars and athletes including baseball star Alex Rodriguez. To book a day of pure pleasure, call 970-925-8900.
- 3. Samara Holistic Spa and Boutique. Located in the heart of Aspen, Samara is extremely peaceful and holistic. While there you can enjoy infrared saunas, cozy footbaths, colon hydrotherapy, and numerous spa services. Many locals and out-of-towners alike visit the spa for its renowned body energy work. You are guaranteed pure relaxation while on the premises and pure energy in the days to follow. To book your spa services, call 970-925-2259.
Other Activities for the Family to Enjoy
Just to give you some ideas for keeping the family entertained while you enjoy your days at the spa, we hope the following ideas will help!
- Downhill Skiing. For the adventurous souls in your group, dare them to enjoy a few days of skiing on some of the world’s best slopes.
- Dogsledding or Snowmobiling. Inspire a day of dogsledding or snowmobiling fun. There are a variety of great companies to choose from in the Snowmass area.
- Cross Country Skiing. Send them on a cross country ski tour in the area of their choice. It is a peaceful, yet invigorating sport!
Looking for an Aspen Vacation Rentals? You may want to check out Aspen VRBO for some exciting properties!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen home rentals, aspen house rental, aspen lodging, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen vrbos, homeaway.com, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals in aspen co, vrbo aspen
Planning your trip to a Aspen Vacation Rentals in Colorado and looking to book some exciting adventures while you’re here? We would definitely recommend giving dogsledding a try! The following are five reasons you won’t want to miss out:
- Sled Dogs are Brilliant Animals – Imagine coming face to face with a pack of beautiful dogs with amazing energy and the undying determination to make your day unforgettable. These pups are specifically bred to fly across the snow and look forward to every minute of it. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself wanting to raise a sled dog team of your own before the day is over!
- Out in Nature – The beauty of a sledding adventure lies in the fact that you will be taken out into the middle of nature surrounded by towering pine trees. Beyond intermittent dog barks, the only thing you’ll hear is the sled gliding on the snow and the wind as you move across the rugged terrain.
- Great Group Adventure – The whole family can enjoy a dogsledding experience! There is nothing better than taking the entire clan out into nature for an unforgettable adventure. Throughout the day, there will be plenty of photo ops, so you won’t want to forget your camera!
- Educational Experience – You will be amazed at how much you will learn about sled dogs, the history of the sport, helpful techniques, top dog sled events, and the surrounding area. Most guides are more than excited to answer questions about the sport and the area – don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you’d like.
- Ultimate Freedom – As you glide along behind the sled team, you will feel so very free. It is a truly magical experience!
To book your dogsled adventure, you can give Krabloonik Dogsledding a call at 970-923-3953. They offer an amazingly fun and educational experience to all. Krabloonik’s location is in Snowmass Village, just moments from Aspen rentals.
Still looking for a vacation rental? Definitely check out VRBO Aspen for the perfect rental!
Aspen Travel aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen summer rentals, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen wedding, homeaway.com, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals by owner Aspen, vacation rentals in aspen co, vacationrentals.com, vrbo aspen
Have a fascination with railways and want to view Colorado from a unique perspective? The beauty of train expeditions lays in the fact that you are able to enjoy some of the most remote and picturesque regions while letting the rails guide your adventurous self. To access Colorado’s railways, it’s best to take a day trip from your Aspen vacation rentals.
The following is a list of recommended railways for you and your family to enjoy:
Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway: Noted as one of the most exciting cog railways in the world, adventurers are led 14,110 feet up the summit of Pikes Peak! You are guaranteed numerous spectacular views throughout your journey.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: Imagine rolling on the tracks of a railway that hauled more than $300 million in gold and silver during the mining era. You and your family can enjoy the thrill of riding in restored 1880 passenger cars and exploring abandoned mine sites, the wild Animas River, San Juan Mountains, and the historic town of Silverton.
Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad: This four-mile round trip journey takes you through old mining sites and the historic gold-rush town of Cripple Creek.
George Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park: This historic loop was built in 1884 to accommodate the booming mining industry. You are sure to revel in the area’s rugged wilderness and beautiful views. Plus, Georgetown is an adorable town with plenty to offer visitors from around the world.
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad: Discover Colorado’s newest scenic steam engine driven train. The route will guide you through hundreds of miles of breathtaking scenery and historic towns.
Royal Gorge Scenic Railway: This 30-minute journey within open-air cars offers spectacular views of Royal Gorge and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. This is a great trek for children, as they love riding in the open-air and it’s one of the shorter routes.
Royal Gorge Route Railroad: Built in the 1950s, this rail line takes you into one of America’s most majestic canyons. Soon you’ll find yourself at the bottom of the Royal Gorge, peering up 1,200 feet to the Royal Gorge Bridge.
After a day on the rails, you can review the day’s adventures within the comfort of your Aspen rentals. Looking for vacation rentals in Aspen? You will be amazed at what you can find through VRBO Aspen. Wishing you amazing railway journeys throughout Colorado!