Events Calendar aspen cycling challenge, aspen events, aspen rental, aspen summer rentals
The Aspen City Council is excited to announce that they have agreed to invest a fair amount of cash into a “grassroots, old-school, Aspen-style concert” when the USA Pro Cycling Challenge rolls into town in August.
The actual date of the concert is still up in the air, according to Nancy Lesley the director of Special Events for the city of Aspen, Colorado. She revealed that two concert dates will most likely take place, with one on an evening between August 10 and 12 and the other on August 22. The second date would correspond with pro cyclists descending into Aspen from Independence Pass on the first stage of the Cycling Challenge.
The concert will be an open event, free to the public and held in a city park. While the actual race doesn’t kickoff until August 22, 2012, the first concert will help build excitement for the grueling challenge and serve as a countdown to the sporting event.
According to Lesley, last year there weren’t many events and activities planned around the race, which didn’t generate enough fan fair and disappointed vendors. “Because we are a two-stage host (of a seven-stage race), it will keep people in town and the enthusiasm for the race alive.”
Looking to attend the USA Pro Cycling Challenge? The event will feature an exciting 131-mile Queen Stage between Gunnison and Aspen on August 22. Secondly, on August 23, competitors will climb Independence Pass for a 97-mile expedition and will end in Beaver Creek.
There will be 135 of the best cyclists from around the world who will take part in the race that has been noted as “the most challenging race ever held on American soil.” The entire race will span a total of 518 miles through the Rockies.
For cyclists and race fans alike, Aspen vacation rentals are an excellent option for lodging. It is possible to find a beautiful Aspen home rental on Aspen VRBO. Aspen rentals normally come equipped with full kitchens, which is ideal for three or more travelers in their effort to fix healthy meals and get plenty of rest. Some even include two-car (or more) garages to safeguard cars, road bikes, and equipment.
Don’t miss out on all the racing fun in Aspen!!
Aspen Blog aspen events, aspen house rentals, aspen rentals, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rentals, rental home in aspen
Summer is almost upon us and now it is time get outside and play in Aspen, Colorado! Outside in Aspen™ is holding the ultimate adventure weekend from June 8-10, 2012. No matter the skill level, outdoor enthusiasts are invited to hone their skills or learn a new sport that they have always wanted to try.
Jump in with Elite Pro-Athlete-Led Adventures & Clinics, Triathlon, and Adventure Dog Workshops slated to be a part of the Outside in Aspen™ event.
Arrive Friday, June 8 to Aspen with your family and friends to check in to your Aspen Luxury Home Rental, where you will have a full-kitchen for use to prepare any meal of your liking and stock up on any beverage of your choice. After settling in to your Aspen rental, head over to the Ute Mountaineer around 6-7 p.m. for a slideshow presentation by Lucas Gilman. Then walk over to the Sky Hotel for the opening welcome reception and “Outside in Aspen” kick-off party.
Wakeup the morning of June 9 and check out the Adventure Base Camp located in downtown Aspen. This is where participants meet their guides and exhibitors keep the excitement going all day with music, demonstrations, food, family activities, a beer garden, and gear displays.
Also, Saturday, June 9, if you are ready to get your swim, bike and run on, or just want to cheer the on the athletes, head over to the Outside in Aspen Triathlon/Dualathlon/Aquabike Dualathlon Competition.
When you are spent from all of the day’s activities, you can head back with your family and friends to your Aspen vacation rental to relax or continue the fun with the rental’s fully stocked entertainment center (Television, Stereo and DVD player). If you are just too exhausted from you full day of activities, you can always crash in the privacy and comfort of your Aspen rental bedroom.
No matter what type of fun you are looking to take in, you are sure to try new things, meet new friends and have a great time in Aspen!
Events Calendar aspen co rentals, aspen events, aspen rentals, aspen summer rentals, aspen vacation homes, vrbo aspen
Have you ever wanted to compete in a triathlon or watch an event? Come play outside in beautiful Aspen, CO! Check out the Outside in Aspen Triathlon/Duathlon/Aquabike competition starting at 7:00 a.m. on June 9, 2012.
If you are a beginner, the triathlon, which is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event, is the perfect race for you to get your feet wet while still competing on a challenging course.
If a competition involving water isn’t what floats your boat, try the dry Duathlon, which consists of a 2-mile run, a 17-mile bike ride and ending with a 4-mile finishing run.
Not into running? Then the Aquabike Duathlon is just the right fit for you! Get started in the water with an 800-yard swim and then jump on the saddle for a 17-mile bike ride while taking in the beautiful scenery of Aspen.
Being that the competition is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event, all participants must be members or purchase a single day event permit. The cost to participate in the competition ranges from $50 – $90 depending on the event and membership status.
Are you planning on competing with a group of friends? Staying at an Aspen Vacation Rental may be the perfect option for you, your teammates and friends to stay. Aspen rentals usually provide you with a full-kitchen so you may prepare the meals you need before heading out to compete. They also have a living room, fireplace, entertainment system (TV, Stereo and DVD player), full bathrooms and one or more bedrooms. This allows for everyone to bring the fun inside to one place after your outdoor adventures.
As far as value is concerned, Aspen luxury home rentals are a great option for large groups, especially when you consider the need for multiple rooms and cost of food.
No matter what you decide to do, or where you decide to stay in Aspen, you are definitely in for a great time! For more information about the Outside in Aspen Triathlon please visit: Outside in Apen Triathlon/Duathlon.
Good luck…be sure to enjoy all that Aspen has to offer!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental by owner, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, vrbo aspen
Looking to plan a most relaxing getaway in the New Year? There are a number of reasons to choose Aspen for your spa retreat, especially if you are a spouse and/or parent. Not only are there beautiful Aspen rentals to choose from, your loved ones can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities while you enjoy multiple days at the spa!
The following are 3 top-notch spas that you may want to consider as you plan your Aspen relaxation fest:
- St. Regis’ Remede Spa. One of the most exclusive spas in all of Aspen, the St. Regis Spa is 15,000 square feet of pure luxury. There you can include anything from a custom massage, to warm body wraps, to manicures and pedicures, saunas, the oxygen lounge, steam caves and more. For more information call 970-429-9650.
- Aspen Club and Spa. This 77,000 square foot club is amazingly tranquil and includes a beautiful gym, open-aired Japanese Pagoda, and spa services. You can choose from a variety of relaxing treatments including massage, skin care, waxing and tinting, and colon hydrotherapy. The Aspen Club & Spa is a favorite of top stars and athletes including baseball star Alex Rodriguez. To book a day of pure pleasure, call 970-925-8900.
- 3. Samara Holistic Spa and Boutique. Located in the heart of Aspen, Samara is extremely peaceful and holistic. While there you can enjoy infrared saunas, cozy footbaths, colon hydrotherapy, and numerous spa services. Many locals and out-of-towners alike visit the spa for its renowned body energy work. You are guaranteed pure relaxation while on the premises and pure energy in the days to follow. To book your spa services, call 970-925-2259.
Other Activities for the Family to Enjoy
Just to give you some ideas for keeping the family entertained while you enjoy your days at the spa, we hope the following ideas will help!
- Downhill Skiing. For the adventurous souls in your group, dare them to enjoy a few days of skiing on some of the world’s best slopes.
- Dogsledding or Snowmobiling. Inspire a day of dogsledding or snowmobiling fun. There are a variety of great companies to choose from in the Snowmass area.
- Cross Country Skiing. Send them on a cross country ski tour in the area of their choice. It is a peaceful, yet invigorating sport!
Looking for an Aspen Vacation Rentals? You may want to check out Aspen VRBO for some exciting properties!
Aspen Travel aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen summer rentals, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen wedding, homeaway.com, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals by owner Aspen, vacation rentals in aspen co, vacationrentals.com, vrbo aspen
Have a fascination with railways and want to view Colorado from a unique perspective? The beauty of train expeditions lays in the fact that you are able to enjoy some of the most remote and picturesque regions while letting the rails guide your adventurous self. To access Colorado’s railways, it’s best to take a day trip from your Aspen vacation rentals.
The following is a list of recommended railways for you and your family to enjoy:
Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway: Noted as one of the most exciting cog railways in the world, adventurers are led 14,110 feet up the summit of Pikes Peak! You are guaranteed numerous spectacular views throughout your journey.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: Imagine rolling on the tracks of a railway that hauled more than $300 million in gold and silver during the mining era. You and your family can enjoy the thrill of riding in restored 1880 passenger cars and exploring abandoned mine sites, the wild Animas River, San Juan Mountains, and the historic town of Silverton.
Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad: This four-mile round trip journey takes you through old mining sites and the historic gold-rush town of Cripple Creek.
George Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park: This historic loop was built in 1884 to accommodate the booming mining industry. You are sure to revel in the area’s rugged wilderness and beautiful views. Plus, Georgetown is an adorable town with plenty to offer visitors from around the world.
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad: Discover Colorado’s newest scenic steam engine driven train. The route will guide you through hundreds of miles of breathtaking scenery and historic towns.
Royal Gorge Scenic Railway: This 30-minute journey within open-air cars offers spectacular views of Royal Gorge and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. This is a great trek for children, as they love riding in the open-air and it’s one of the shorter routes.
Royal Gorge Route Railroad: Built in the 1950s, this rail line takes you into one of America’s most majestic canyons. Soon you’ll find yourself at the bottom of the Royal Gorge, peering up 1,200 feet to the Royal Gorge Bridge.
After a day on the rails, you can review the day’s adventures within the comfort of your Aspen rentals. Looking for vacation rentals in Aspen? You will be amazed at what you can find through VRBO Aspen. Wishing you amazing railway journeys throughout Colorado!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
Thinking of heading to Aspen in the fall for some family fun? Or wanting to get away with some friends and adventure your way through its rugged nature? There are many options in the fall when staying at an Aspen vacation rentals. The season is host to many exciting events and activities for people of all ages. Here are five reasons to consider heading to Aspen in the fall:
- Fall Colors. You’ll be amazed at all of the amazing colors that grace Aspen, Colorado when the fall sets in during your stay in your Aspen Rentals. Green leaves turn to yellow and orange and the sky takes on a beautiful hue. You can enjoy amazing picnics and hikes with your loved ones while taking in the beauty.
- Music, Tributes and Art. October is a great month for music and art. John Denver Week runs from October 6-17. During the week, the city will be host to inspirational exhibit, music events and celebrations to remember the famed musician. Also, local art museums are in full swing.
- Aspen Alpine Guides. Take advantage of the opportunity to hike, rock climb or mountaineer with professional guides. You will be taken to some of the most amazing spots in the area and provided gear to make your adventures safe. Call 888-649-5982 for more information.
- Hot Air Ballooning. You will be amazed as you soar over Aspen in a hot air balloon! Nothing beats drifting along in the blue skies and taking in the fall colors from above. Most services offer a brunch and snacks after landing. Google Above it All or Unicorn Balloon Company for more information.
- Spas and Relaxation. The fall is the perfect time to pamper your body. There are numerous amazing spas at which you can enjoy a massage, facial, or other body treatment. Some spas offer treatments for healthier immune systems to help you through the change in seasons.
The fall offers a multitude of opportunities for those looking for adventure, fun, inspiration and relaxation. All of the excitement is just moments away from Aspen VRBO. If you are looking for Aspen lodging, there are also many exciting options to make your stay most comfortable!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen home rentals, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen
Enjoy a great party for the whole family? You won’t want to miss out on Oktoberfest in Snowmass Village on October 10, 2011. For one day only, the village will be transformed into a Bavarian bazaar that will feature everything from spirited dancing, succulent food, delicious beer and pure celebration.
To join in the fun, all you have to do is drive your car or take a cab from your Aspen vacation rentals. Once at the scenic village, you can choose from a variety of German foods and numerous beers in the “biergartens.” You’ll also be encouraged to sing along with traditional Oktoberfest songs, dance until your heart’s content, and meet people from all over the world.
Children can also enjoy the celebration! There is plenty of delicious food for youngsters to gobble up, shops to browse through and fun acts to watch including Jammin’ Jim the Juggler, Kimothy the Stilt Walker and Sparkles the clown. The area also boasts of outdoor fun within walking distance of the village including hiking, biking, rock climbing and river rafting.
A Short History of Oktoberfest
Many Oktoberfest fanatics may be surprised to find that the festival traditionally kicked off on the third week of September and ended on the first Sunday of October. It all began in 1810 with the royal wedding of Crown Prince Ludwig who later became King Ludwig I of Bavaria. The tradition continued in 1811 and included a horse races and an agricultural show. Oktoberfest was given a boost in 1818 when a carousel, two swings, and small beer stands were added to the mix. By 1896, beer stands were replaced by beer tents and breweries began to make a name for their products. The rest is history, as many people around the world look forward to the celebration!
If you haven’t decided to head to Aspen for the weekend or want to plan for next Oktoberfest, you should definitely consider Aspen rentals or Aspen VRBO. Dare yourself to come and enjoy all the fun!!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen rental, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vacation rentals aspen colorado, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
As you are planning your getaway to your Aspen vacation rentals, you may be happy to find out that season passes and daily rates to local mountains have become more competitive. Pricing changes are a result of the current economy and a push for repeat visitors and locals to have unlimited access to their favorite mountains.
Snowmass is expecting 22 weeks of skiing fun and have a variety of season pass options for you, your family and friends to enjoy. We hope the following helps you make a decision as to the type of pass you’d like to invest in:
- Premier Pass: This is the top-of-the-line pass that provides access to unlimited skiing on all four mountains, discounts for family & friends on lift tickets, discounts on skiing and snowboarding clinics, discounts on parking, food & beverage offers, and free summer lift access for mountain biking adventures. Prices range from $399-$1,800 depending on your age group.
- Flex & Double Flex Passes: This option provides you one or two days of skiing each week and an option to add Flex days. More specifically, the Flex pass gives you 1-day a week for the entire season and Double Flex gives you 2-days per week for the season. You also have the option to add Flex days for just $52 per day. This deal is good for all four mountains and ranges from $829-$1,459 per season.
- Escape Pass: This pass offers cost-effective pay-as-you-go access. If you reserve your tickets at least 7-days in advance, you can enjoy discounted rates on daily tickets. You are responsible for between $199-319 up front for the pass and then eligible to receive passes from $22-$52 per day depending on your age group.
- Daily Pass: In the case you are planning to visit Aspen for a few days, the single pass option may be your best bet. You can either enjoy the Lower Lift Pass or the 4 Mountain Foot Pass. Prices are range from $21 for children 6 and under, $65 for an Adult Lower Lift Pass and $209 for the 4 Mountain Foot Pass.
For more information on 2011-2012 Season Passes call 877-282-7736. You won’t want to miss out on all the skiing fun just moments from your Aspen Home Rentals. Additionally, if you are looking for a great place to stay near your favorite mountain, you may want to consider Aspen VRBO.
Aspen Travel aspen events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental by owner, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, homeaway.com, vrbo aspen
Labor Day is rapidly approaching! What better way to spend your days in Aspen, Colorado as men, women and children celebrate the much coveted long weekend? There are all sorts of fun and inspiring things going on during Labor Day weekend (just driving distance from your aspen home rental) including:
Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Festival
From September 2-4, there will be an exciting festival that will take place at the Snowmass Town Park in Snowmass Village. There you can enjoy world-class music, two stages featuring a variety of artists, tons of great food, plenty of time to use your hula-hoop in the park, and lots of arts & crafts to browse. The 2011 lineup of artists includes Thievery Corporation, Paper Diamon, Girl Talk, The Congress, Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses, Rodrigo y Gabriela , Nit Grit, Steely Dan, Lean and The Peoples, Fitz & the Tantrums, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Porter Robinson, and the Zac Brown Band! Tickets range from $40-$200. Go to http://www.stayaspensnowmass.com for more info.
Take a drive from your luxury vacation rental to the small town of Crested Butte during Labor Day weekend. There you can enjoy take a walk down Elk Avenue on Saturday and/or Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to take in all sorts of local crafts. There will be 70 booths showcasing everything from arts & crafts to antiques to delicious foods. For more information, visit www.paragongallery.org.
Winter Park Resort
For those looking for high-octane, outdoor fun Winter Park Resort is a short drive from your Aspen vacation rentals. The resort features the expansive Trestle Bike Park, Colorado’s longest and most exciting Alpine Slide, great hikes and more! Also, throughout the day there will be an unforgettable Labor Day Block Party there that will include dancing, sidewalk sale, and kid’s crafts!
These are only a few of the exciting things going on throughout Aspen as you enjoy staying in your vrbo aspen rental! There are also great opportunities for rock climbing, swimming in crystal clear lakes and river rafting. The sky is the limit on Labor Day Weekend in Aspen and surrounding areas!