Aspen Blog Aspen Event, aspen house rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
It has officially been confirmed that First Lady Michelle Obama and her two daughters are exploring Aspen, Colorado. According to a longtime ski instructor, Michelle, kids, and friends are lodging near Buttermilk Mountain in a large private home. In an effort to accommodate the family, the home’s owners Jim and Paula Crown have relocated to Aspen rentals.
In an effort to fully experience Aspen’s outdoor adventures, the Obamas and their friends have hired five private instructors and are skiing the day away. Their mountain of choice is Buttermilk, which is one of the beautifully groomed Aspen Snowmass properties.
According to sources, the Obamas have been “polite, charming and appreciative” while enjoying the charms of Aspen.
Rather than eating lunch at a lodge or in town, the Obamas and friends are expected to enjoy a moment at the Crown’s house. The privacy is indicative of the many advantages of enjoying a stay at a Aspen Vacation Rental by Owner with private amenities. The secluded site makes security much easier to maintain for the protection of the First Family. After lunch, the Obamas and friends are expected to hit the slopes and enjoy the experience, along with the other American families enjoying a President’s Day away from the office.
The trip was completely kept under wraps until the Obamas landed in Aspen. In order to keep the visit secret, code names were assigned to all members of the family. Prior to landing in Aspen for their vacation, the Secret Service was in town surveying and discovering spots that the Obamas can visit in peace.
In a 2011 Wall Street Journal article, it was revealed that Aspen is the “most expensive town in America” to live in, with the least expensive real estate listing at $559,000. While real estate can be quite pricy, there are definite opportunities for reasonably priced vacation rentals to be enjoyed by the family.
The Obamas’ visit makes them one of the several renowned families to enjoy the charms of Aspen. Famous Aspen home owners currently include the Kennedys, Goldie Hawn, Jimmy Buffet, Jack Nicholson, and Kevin Costner. Also, Oprah Winfrey frequents the resort in an effort to get away from the hustle and bustle of Chicago.
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental by owner, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, vrbo aspen
Looking to plan a most relaxing getaway in the New Year? There are a number of reasons to choose Aspen for your spa retreat, especially if you are a spouse and/or parent. Not only are there beautiful Aspen rentals to choose from, your loved ones can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities while you enjoy multiple days at the spa!
The following are 3 top-notch spas that you may want to consider as you plan your Aspen relaxation fest:
- St. Regis’ Remede Spa. One of the most exclusive spas in all of Aspen, the St. Regis Spa is 15,000 square feet of pure luxury. There you can include anything from a custom massage, to warm body wraps, to manicures and pedicures, saunas, the oxygen lounge, steam caves and more. For more information call 970-429-9650.
- Aspen Club and Spa. This 77,000 square foot club is amazingly tranquil and includes a beautiful gym, open-aired Japanese Pagoda, and spa services. You can choose from a variety of relaxing treatments including massage, skin care, waxing and tinting, and colon hydrotherapy. The Aspen Club & Spa is a favorite of top stars and athletes including baseball star Alex Rodriguez. To book a day of pure pleasure, call 970-925-8900.
- 3. Samara Holistic Spa and Boutique. Located in the heart of Aspen, Samara is extremely peaceful and holistic. While there you can enjoy infrared saunas, cozy footbaths, colon hydrotherapy, and numerous spa services. Many locals and out-of-towners alike visit the spa for its renowned body energy work. You are guaranteed pure relaxation while on the premises and pure energy in the days to follow. To book your spa services, call 970-925-2259.
Other Activities for the Family to Enjoy
Just to give you some ideas for keeping the family entertained while you enjoy your days at the spa, we hope the following ideas will help!
- Downhill Skiing. For the adventurous souls in your group, dare them to enjoy a few days of skiing on some of the world’s best slopes.
- Dogsledding or Snowmobiling. Inspire a day of dogsledding or snowmobiling fun. There are a variety of great companies to choose from in the Snowmass area.
- Cross Country Skiing. Send them on a cross country ski tour in the area of their choice. It is a peaceful, yet invigorating sport!
Looking for an Aspen Vacation Rentals? You may want to check out Aspen VRBO for some exciting properties!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen house rental, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, homeaway.com, rental home in aspen, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado, x games
Looking for an inspiring event to share with family and friends in Aspen, Colorado? You definitely shouldn’t miss out on the ESPN WinterX Games 16 taking place between January 26 and 29, 2012. The event will attract 125 of the most talented and adventurous professional trick skiers, snowboarders, and snowmobilers from around the world to compete for medals and prize money. All of the fun can be enjoyed for FREE!
The games will be held at Aspen/Snowmass’ very own Buttermilk Mountain, a prime spot for winter sports enthusiasts to root for their favorite stars, while enjoying the natural beauty of Aspen. If you are thinking of attending, it is a prime idea to book your Aspen Rentals as soon as possible, as properties tend to sell out quickly in lieu of the event.
The ESPN WinterX Games will kick off on January 27th, featuring the Skiing Slopestyle Men’s Elimination from 10 am – 12 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle Elimination from 11:30 am – 1 pm, Skiing Slopestyle Women’s Final from 1 pm – 2 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle Round One from 7pm – 8 pm, Snowboard SuperPipe Men’s Elimination from 7 pm – 8:30 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle final from 8:30 pm – 9 pm, and Skiing SuperPipe Women’s Final from 9 pm – 9:40 pm.
Saturday and Sunday will see the fun continue, while featuring thrilling events including mono skiing, women’s SuperPipe, snowboarding, Slopstyle skiing, and snowmobiling. Saturday the competitions begin at 9:30 am and end at 9pm, while Sunday they kick off at 10:30 am and end at 8 pm.
You are sure to have a blast no matter which events you decide to take in! You can either watch all day long or split your time between watching and hitting the slopes.
This marks the 11th consecutive year the event will be held at Snowmass, just a short drive from favorite Aspen vacation rentals. You definitely won’t want to miss out! Looking for the right vacation rental for your family and friends? Search VRBO Aspen to find the perfect spot.
For more information on the ESPN WinterX Games, visit www.xgames.com.
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
Thinking of heading to Aspen in the fall for some family fun? Or wanting to get away with some friends and adventure your way through its rugged nature? There are many options in the fall when staying at an Aspen vacation rentals. The season is host to many exciting events and activities for people of all ages. Here are five reasons to consider heading to Aspen in the fall:
- Fall Colors. You’ll be amazed at all of the amazing colors that grace Aspen, Colorado when the fall sets in during your stay in your Aspen Rentals. Green leaves turn to yellow and orange and the sky takes on a beautiful hue. You can enjoy amazing picnics and hikes with your loved ones while taking in the beauty.
- Music, Tributes and Art. October is a great month for music and art. John Denver Week runs from October 6-17. During the week, the city will be host to inspirational exhibit, music events and celebrations to remember the famed musician. Also, local art museums are in full swing.
- Aspen Alpine Guides. Take advantage of the opportunity to hike, rock climb or mountaineer with professional guides. You will be taken to some of the most amazing spots in the area and provided gear to make your adventures safe. Call 888-649-5982 for more information.
- Hot Air Ballooning. You will be amazed as you soar over Aspen in a hot air balloon! Nothing beats drifting along in the blue skies and taking in the fall colors from above. Most services offer a brunch and snacks after landing. Google Above it All or Unicorn Balloon Company for more information.
- Spas and Relaxation. The fall is the perfect time to pamper your body. There are numerous amazing spas at which you can enjoy a massage, facial, or other body treatment. Some spas offer treatments for healthier immune systems to help you through the change in seasons.
The fall offers a multitude of opportunities for those looking for adventure, fun, inspiration and relaxation. All of the excitement is just moments away from Aspen VRBO. If you are looking for Aspen lodging, there are also many exciting options to make your stay most comfortable!
Aspen Travel Aspen Event, aspen home rentals, aspen house rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental by owner, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, homeaway.com, vacationrentals.com, vrbo aspen
In an effort to let go of daily stressors and gain health, people from all over the world flock to Colorado’s geothermal hot springs. Nestled throughout the Rocky Mountain region and within driving distance of Aspen, there are a handful of amazing springs for you to enjoy as you venture out from your Aspen vacation rentals. The following are three favorites for you to enjoy!
Glenwood Springs (a 40 minute drive from Aspen) is a prime location for hot spring adventures for the family. The expansive pool, also known “The Grand Spring,” spans two blocks and contains therapeutic mineral waters that are quite calming and healing. Legend has it that the hot springs were first discovered by the Ute Indians.
Penny Hot Springs
A second option is Penny Hot Springs located within the Crystal River Valley. The spot is frequented by locals who enjoy soaking after a long day of work. There you will find yourself in nature surrounded by amazing views of the valley and beautiful trees. The Penny Hot Springs are as natural as one can get, as two mineral springs bubble up from within granite and marble rocks. You’ll be amazed at how warm its waters can become, with temperatures as high as 130 degrees! As you enjoy the temperate waters and rugged nature, don’t be surprised if you get a glimpse of mountain goats and other wildlife while blissfully soaking under blue skies.
Conundrum Hot Springs
In the case that you are up for a little hike before enjoying a soak in a luxurious natural hot spring, Conundrum (located in the Maroon Bells near Aspen) is a perfect choice. The 9 mile (18 miles round trip) hike to the hot springs is breathtaking, as you pass waterfalls and enjoy the colorful meadows and fragrant wildflowers. The last couple of miles are a bit rocky and steep, so be prepared for a challenge! Once you reach the hot springs, you’ll be happy you worked so hard on the way up. The water is crystal clear and a perfect 98 degrees. The beauty of Conundrum is that challenging hike makes the hot springs all the more fantastic. Once you’ve soaked until your heat’s content, you can either explore the area in more detail or take the 9 mile trek back to the car.
No matter how you stack it, hot spring adventures make for unforgettable moments. No matter which hot spring you choose, you are sure to gain the much needed relaxation you’ve been craving for your stay at your vrbo aspen rental.
Aspen Blog aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen holiday events, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rentals
Winter Entertainment and Events in Aspen, CO
The snow is on the ground, the lights are hanging all over the neighborhood, and it’s officially winter time! Aspen, CO is the perfect Holiday Destination for anyone, whether you are looking to spend time with your loved ones, wanting to experience nature at its best, or just ready to take on some of the best skiing or snowboarding in the world! If you truly want a white Christmas and are looking for the most beautiful Aspen Vacation Rentals, you have come to the right place! Aspen is the place to be, and everyone in Colorado is counting down to the 12 Days of Aspen!
Here are our daily picks to look forward to for the 12 Days of Aspen:
December 20: Skating with Santa at the Aspen Recreation Center
December 21: Igloo Building Contest at the Aspen Recreation Center
December 22: Santa and His Live Reindeer at Wagner Park
December 23: Palace Production Carolers at the Cooper & Galena
December 24: Locals Vocals Victorian Carolers at the Hotel Jerome Main Lobby
December 25: Free Aspen Ornament & Candy Canes at Aspen Sports, Downtown
December 26: Feliz Navidad – Games, Crafts, and more! at the Aspen Recreation Center
December 27: The Wheeler Presents: A Fine Frenzy at the Wheeler Opera House
December 28: Aspen Art Museum’s Dennis Basso Freestyle at the St. Regis Resort
December 29: Cirque d’Aspen benefitting Aspen Youth Center at the Aspen High School Gym
December 30: Maxie and Polly the Pirate - Story telling, face painting, balloon animals, magic and fun! At the Downtown Mall
December 30: Fireworks over Aspen Mountain!
Need a Vacation Home in Aspen? Check out latest rates on Aspen Vacation Rentals.
View Larger Map