Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental by owner, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, vrbo aspen
Looking to plan a most relaxing getaway in the New Year? There are a number of reasons to choose Aspen for your spa retreat, especially if you are a spouse and/or parent. Not only are there beautiful Aspen rentals to choose from, your loved ones can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities while you enjoy multiple days at the spa!
The following are 3 top-notch spas that you may want to consider as you plan your Aspen relaxation fest:
- St. Regis’ Remede Spa. One of the most exclusive spas in all of Aspen, the St. Regis Spa is 15,000 square feet of pure luxury. There you can include anything from a custom massage, to warm body wraps, to manicures and pedicures, saunas, the oxygen lounge, steam caves and more. For more information call 970-429-9650.
- Aspen Club and Spa. This 77,000 square foot club is amazingly tranquil and includes a beautiful gym, open-aired Japanese Pagoda, and spa services. You can choose from a variety of relaxing treatments including massage, skin care, waxing and tinting, and colon hydrotherapy. The Aspen Club & Spa is a favorite of top stars and athletes including baseball star Alex Rodriguez. To book a day of pure pleasure, call 970-925-8900.
- 3. Samara Holistic Spa and Boutique. Located in the heart of Aspen, Samara is extremely peaceful and holistic. While there you can enjoy infrared saunas, cozy footbaths, colon hydrotherapy, and numerous spa services. Many locals and out-of-towners alike visit the spa for its renowned body energy work. You are guaranteed pure relaxation while on the premises and pure energy in the days to follow. To book your spa services, call 970-925-2259.
Other Activities for the Family to Enjoy
Just to give you some ideas for keeping the family entertained while you enjoy your days at the spa, we hope the following ideas will help!
- Downhill Skiing. For the adventurous souls in your group, dare them to enjoy a few days of skiing on some of the world’s best slopes.
- Dogsledding or Snowmobiling. Inspire a day of dogsledding or snowmobiling fun. There are a variety of great companies to choose from in the Snowmass area.
- Cross Country Skiing. Send them on a cross country ski tour in the area of their choice. It is a peaceful, yet invigorating sport!
Looking for an Aspen Vacation Rentals? You may want to check out Aspen VRBO for some exciting properties!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen house rental, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, destination wedding, homeaway.com, rental home in aspen, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado, x games
Looking for an inspiring event to share with family and friends in Aspen, Colorado? You definitely shouldn’t miss out on the ESPN WinterX Games 16 taking place between January 26 and 29, 2012. The event will attract 125 of the most talented and adventurous professional trick skiers, snowboarders, and snowmobilers from around the world to compete for medals and prize money. All of the fun can be enjoyed for FREE!
The games will be held at Aspen/Snowmass’ very own Buttermilk Mountain, a prime spot for winter sports enthusiasts to root for their favorite stars, while enjoying the natural beauty of Aspen. If you are thinking of attending, it is a prime idea to book your Aspen Rentals as soon as possible, as properties tend to sell out quickly in lieu of the event.
The ESPN WinterX Games will kick off on January 27th, featuring the Skiing Slopestyle Men’s Elimination from 10 am – 12 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle Elimination from 11:30 am – 1 pm, Skiing Slopestyle Women’s Final from 1 pm – 2 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle Round One from 7pm – 8 pm, Snowboard SuperPipe Men’s Elimination from 7 pm – 8:30 pm, Snowmobile Freestyle final from 8:30 pm – 9 pm, and Skiing SuperPipe Women’s Final from 9 pm – 9:40 pm.
Saturday and Sunday will see the fun continue, while featuring thrilling events including mono skiing, women’s SuperPipe, snowboarding, Slopstyle skiing, and snowmobiling. Saturday the competitions begin at 9:30 am and end at 9pm, while Sunday they kick off at 10:30 am and end at 8 pm.
You are sure to have a blast no matter which events you decide to take in! You can either watch all day long or split your time between watching and hitting the slopes.
This marks the 11th consecutive year the event will be held at Snowmass, just a short drive from favorite Aspen vacation rentals. You definitely won’t want to miss out! Looking for the right vacation rental for your family and friends? Search VRBO Aspen to find the perfect spot.
For more information on the ESPN WinterX Games, visit www.xgames.com.
Aspen Travel aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, aspen rental property, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen summer rentals, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen wedding, homeaway.com, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals by owner Aspen, vacation rentals in aspen co, vacationrentals.com, vrbo aspen
Have a fascination with railways and want to view Colorado from a unique perspective? The beauty of train expeditions lays in the fact that you are able to enjoy some of the most remote and picturesque regions while letting the rails guide your adventurous self. To access Colorado’s railways, it’s best to take a day trip from your Aspen vacation rentals.
The following is a list of recommended railways for you and your family to enjoy:
Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway: Noted as one of the most exciting cog railways in the world, adventurers are led 14,110 feet up the summit of Pikes Peak! You are guaranteed numerous spectacular views throughout your journey.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: Imagine rolling on the tracks of a railway that hauled more than $300 million in gold and silver during the mining era. You and your family can enjoy the thrill of riding in restored 1880 passenger cars and exploring abandoned mine sites, the wild Animas River, San Juan Mountains, and the historic town of Silverton.
Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad: This four-mile round trip journey takes you through old mining sites and the historic gold-rush town of Cripple Creek.
George Loop Historic Mining and Railroad Park: This historic loop was built in 1884 to accommodate the booming mining industry. You are sure to revel in the area’s rugged wilderness and beautiful views. Plus, Georgetown is an adorable town with plenty to offer visitors from around the world.
Rio Grande Scenic Railroad: Discover Colorado’s newest scenic steam engine driven train. The route will guide you through hundreds of miles of breathtaking scenery and historic towns.
Royal Gorge Scenic Railway: This 30-minute journey within open-air cars offers spectacular views of Royal Gorge and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. This is a great trek for children, as they love riding in the open-air and it’s one of the shorter routes.
Royal Gorge Route Railroad: Built in the 1950s, this rail line takes you into one of America’s most majestic canyons. Soon you’ll find yourself at the bottom of the Royal Gorge, peering up 1,200 feet to the Royal Gorge Bridge.
After a day on the rails, you can review the day’s adventures within the comfort of your Aspen rentals. Looking for vacation rentals in Aspen? You will be amazed at what you can find through VRBO Aspen. Wishing you amazing railway journeys throughout Colorado!
Aspen Travel aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen homes for rent, aspen local info, aspen rental, aspen travel info, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental by owner, aspen vacation rentals, rental homes in aspen, vacation rentals by owner Aspen, vrbo aspen
Planning a trip to Aspen and looking for a fun way to spend your evenings? The 122-year-old Wheeler Opera House is just a short drive from your Aspen vacation rentals and has been newly renovated for one of its most exciting seasons ever. It is recommended that you start the evening by enjoying a delicious dinner at the opera house’s street-level restaurant and then take in the show of your choice.
The 2011-2012 show lineup is set to include everything from acoustic guitar specialists, country music, jazz, rock, stand-up comedians, documentaries and more. The schedule is currently being expanded on, but will include a diverse set of offerings to entertain the varied interests of Aspen locals and visitors.
Some of the scheduled events include the Warren Miller Entertainment ski documentary “Like There’s No Tomorrow” on October 29, Mike Marolt ski documentary “The Thin Line: Life On the Edge” on November 4, musician Loudon Wainwright III on November 5, country-pop duo Callie Angel and Wade Waters on November 19, the blockbuster Broadway musical Annie beginning December 16 and ending December 23, comedy troupe Crystal Palace and Glenwood Vaudeville Revue on December 26, the jazz of Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue on December 27, musician Kim Carnes & friends on December 29, Best of the Fest comedy show December 30, guitarist David Bromberg on December 31, an off-the-hook New Year’s party, and more! For additional information and a more detailed schedule visit www.wheeleroperahouse.com.
Looking for a place to stay in Aspen? You should definitely consider Aspen rentals. Rather than stay in a limiting traditional hotel, you can enjoy the ability to sit around a crackling fireplace with your friends and family, make your own feasts in a private kitchen or barbecue outside, and have nearby access to the many activities offered in Aspen, Colorado. For more information, take a look at VRBO Aspen. You will be surprised at what you can find at all price levels.
When in town, don’t miss out on all the exciting Wheeler Opera House events, as there is nothing like an adventurous day on the slopes, a delicious dinner, and an entertaining show to end the day!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen rental, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
Thinking of heading to Aspen in the fall for some family fun? Or wanting to get away with some friends and adventure your way through its rugged nature? There are many options in the fall when staying at an Aspen vacation rentals. The season is host to many exciting events and activities for people of all ages. Here are five reasons to consider heading to Aspen in the fall:
- Fall Colors. You’ll be amazed at all of the amazing colors that grace Aspen, Colorado when the fall sets in during your stay in your Aspen Rentals. Green leaves turn to yellow and orange and the sky takes on a beautiful hue. You can enjoy amazing picnics and hikes with your loved ones while taking in the beauty.
- Music, Tributes and Art. October is a great month for music and art. John Denver Week runs from October 6-17. During the week, the city will be host to inspirational exhibit, music events and celebrations to remember the famed musician. Also, local art museums are in full swing.
- Aspen Alpine Guides. Take advantage of the opportunity to hike, rock climb or mountaineer with professional guides. You will be taken to some of the most amazing spots in the area and provided gear to make your adventures safe. Call 888-649-5982 for more information.
- Hot Air Ballooning. You will be amazed as you soar over Aspen in a hot air balloon! Nothing beats drifting along in the blue skies and taking in the fall colors from above. Most services offer a brunch and snacks after landing. Google Above it All or Unicorn Balloon Company for more information.
- Spas and Relaxation. The fall is the perfect time to pamper your body. There are numerous amazing spas at which you can enjoy a massage, facial, or other body treatment. Some spas offer treatments for healthier immune systems to help you through the change in seasons.
The fall offers a multitude of opportunities for those looking for adventure, fun, inspiration and relaxation. All of the excitement is just moments away from Aspen VRBO. If you are looking for Aspen lodging, there are also many exciting options to make your stay most comfortable!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen home rentals, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rbo, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen
Enjoy a great party for the whole family? You won’t want to miss out on Oktoberfest in Snowmass Village on October 10, 2011. For one day only, the village will be transformed into a Bavarian bazaar that will feature everything from spirited dancing, succulent food, delicious beer and pure celebration.
To join in the fun, all you have to do is drive your car or take a cab from your Aspen vacation rentals. Once at the scenic village, you can choose from a variety of German foods and numerous beers in the “biergartens.” You’ll also be encouraged to sing along with traditional Oktoberfest songs, dance until your heart’s content, and meet people from all over the world.
Children can also enjoy the celebration! There is plenty of delicious food for youngsters to gobble up, shops to browse through and fun acts to watch including Jammin’ Jim the Juggler, Kimothy the Stilt Walker and Sparkles the clown. The area also boasts of outdoor fun within walking distance of the village including hiking, biking, rock climbing and river rafting.
A Short History of Oktoberfest
Many Oktoberfest fanatics may be surprised to find that the festival traditionally kicked off on the third week of September and ended on the first Sunday of October. It all began in 1810 with the royal wedding of Crown Prince Ludwig who later became King Ludwig I of Bavaria. The tradition continued in 1811 and included a horse races and an agricultural show. Oktoberfest was given a boost in 1818 when a carousel, two swings, and small beer stands were added to the mix. By 1896, beer stands were replaced by beer tents and breweries began to make a name for their products. The rest is history, as many people around the world look forward to the celebration!
If you haven’t decided to head to Aspen for the weekend or want to plan for next Oktoberfest, you should definitely consider Aspen rentals or Aspen VRBO. Dare yourself to come and enjoy all the fun!!
Aspen Blog aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen events, aspen holiday events, aspen home rentals, aspen rental, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vacation rentals aspen colorado, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
As you are planning your getaway to your Aspen vacation rentals, you may be happy to find out that season passes and daily rates to local mountains have become more competitive. Pricing changes are a result of the current economy and a push for repeat visitors and locals to have unlimited access to their favorite mountains.
Snowmass is expecting 22 weeks of skiing fun and have a variety of season pass options for you, your family and friends to enjoy. We hope the following helps you make a decision as to the type of pass you’d like to invest in:
- Premier Pass: This is the top-of-the-line pass that provides access to unlimited skiing on all four mountains, discounts for family & friends on lift tickets, discounts on skiing and snowboarding clinics, discounts on parking, food & beverage offers, and free summer lift access for mountain biking adventures. Prices range from $399-$1,800 depending on your age group.
- Flex & Double Flex Passes: This option provides you one or two days of skiing each week and an option to add Flex days. More specifically, the Flex pass gives you 1-day a week for the entire season and Double Flex gives you 2-days per week for the season. You also have the option to add Flex days for just $52 per day. This deal is good for all four mountains and ranges from $829-$1,459 per season.
- Escape Pass: This pass offers cost-effective pay-as-you-go access. If you reserve your tickets at least 7-days in advance, you can enjoy discounted rates on daily tickets. You are responsible for between $199-319 up front for the pass and then eligible to receive passes from $22-$52 per day depending on your age group.
- Daily Pass: In the case you are planning to visit Aspen for a few days, the single pass option may be your best bet. You can either enjoy the Lower Lift Pass or the 4 Mountain Foot Pass. Prices are range from $21 for children 6 and under, $65 for an Adult Lower Lift Pass and $209 for the 4 Mountain Foot Pass.
For more information on 2011-2012 Season Passes call 877-282-7736. You won’t want to miss out on all the skiing fun just moments from your Aspen Home Rentals. Additionally, if you are looking for a great place to stay near your favorite mountain, you may want to consider Aspen VRBO.
Travel Info aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen home rentals, aspen lodging, aspen vacation rentals, rental homes in aspen, vrbo aspen
Are you a golfer and getting away in a Aspen vacation rentals? You will definitely want to check out one of the amazing golf courses. The area provides some of the most beautiful golfing experiences in the country!
Many golfers like to take to Roaring Fork Valley and experience one of its four scenic golf courses. The valley provides the beauty of towering green pines, abundant wildlife, and expansive open space. Its golf courses are situated near all sorts of fun outdoor activities, so the non-golfers in your family can come along and have fun while you work on your swing!
Choose from one of the following courses:
- Aspen Golf Club: The club is a few miles west of Aspen Rentals and boasts of 18 pristine holes. The course is just over 7,000 yards long and includes a state-of-the-art driving range and putting greens, full-service locker room, and more. Golf season at the club runs from April to October and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Depending on when you play, greens fees range from $29-$129. If you dare to play after 3 p.m. you can enjoy “Twilight Rates,” which are less expensive. You can walk or ride the course, as cart rentals are available. For more information call (970) 923-5700.
- Maroon Creek Club: Also three miles from town, Maroon Creek is a private club. Unless you are a member, interested in becoming a member, or a family member/friend of a member, it is quite difficult to play the course. In the case that you can score a round, the course is 7,100 of pure beauty. Call (970) 920-1533 for more information.
- Snowmass Club: This idyllic 72 par course measures approximately 7,000 yards and is home to towering trees and amazing wildlife. The club does require membership prior to 1 p.m., but is open to the public the rest of the day! The club’s season runs from May through October, and is a favorite of many visitors. For more information call (970) 923-5700.
- Roaring Fork Club: This is also a private club and is designed by famed Jack Nicklaus. Located off Highway 82, the course is an 18-hole, par 72 with some of the most amazing views around. One must know that gaining the right to play there is highly unlikely if you don’t know a member. It is an invitation only club for those who take their golf game very seriously.
As you plan your next Aspen vacation home rental, you won’t want to miss out on the beautiful golf courses just miles away. There is something for level of golfer to enjoy!
Travel Info aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, aspen lodging, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen travel info, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
Imagine waking at dawn and taking a short drive from your Aspen vacation rentals. Once at your destination, you realize that very soon you will be soaring through the air as you take the breathtaking scenery of Aspen, Colorado. At the top of one of Aspen’s famed mountain slopes, your heart beats double time as you and your paragliding partner prepare to take a step of faith. In the air, you are amazed at how amazingly beautiful and quaint the town of Aspen is from above. You are also amazed by the awe inspiring beauty of the many trees, lakes, rock formation and fluffy clouds.
This experience can be yours without any prior experience! Aspen Paragliding offers tandem flights with USHGA certified tandem pilots. Depending on the weather, tandem paragliding flights can be scheduled either in the summer or winter and are very close to Aspen rentals. Prior to stepping off the gentle slope of a mountain, you are provided full instruction and then fastened in front of the pilot. You can be sure that he or she has been flying tandem for years!
If you aren’t familiar with the specifics of paragliding, it allows for you to soar through the sky in the simplest of forms. Your pilot will come equipped with a transportable backpack. This art has been around for quite some time and is relatively safe. The well-sized paraglider makes for easy lift off most picturesque mountainsides and a gentle ride to your destination.
Packages through Aspen Paragliding begin at $225 per person. You must allow 2 hours round trip for their offices. For more information, dial 970-925-6975.
You won’t regret the decision to give a paragliding adventure a try. You will wave to your friends on earth with excitement, as you gain a full understanding of how lucky birds of the sky are as they glide through the air freely. When you return to your Aspen vacation rental by owner, you will be able to share your adventure with pride!
Events Calendar aspen co rentals, aspen enterainment, Aspen rentals by owner, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, vrbo aspen, vrbo colorado
More than 200 mountain bikers will be participating in the much anticipated 12 Hour Bike Race in Aspen, Colorado. You can take a short drive from your vrbo aspen rental to take in the grueling race first hand.
At the crack of dawn, racers will head to the Snowmass Base village to prepare for the 7am to 7pm event. Once the gun is fired at the starting line, riders will be put to the test as the maneuver through one of the most famous single-tracks in the nation.
As a spectator, you can walk around the track and gain inspiration as the world’s top mountain bikers put on an unforgettable show that will include plenty of high flying jumps, sprints and agility intensive moves. The event is perfect for people of all ages, and a portion of the proceeds will go toward the Aspen Youth Center.
If you are a mountain biker yourself, you may want to think of signing up for the 12 Hour Mountain Bike Race! There are opportunities for all ability levels, and you can even inspire your friends to race as a team. Racers can register as Solos, Duo Teams, Trio Teams and Open Teams (This is a team of up to eight riders).
For more information, check out the 12 Hour Bike Ride event Website at www.12hoursofsnowmass.com or call Nat Ross at 970-390-9730. There are also opportunities for sponsors, so if you would like to gain exposure for your company (while helping the Aspen Youth Center thrive) there are plenty of amazing opportunities!
The 12 Hour Bike Ride is one of the many events going on in September! You can enjoy everything from jazz concerts, art exhibits, the Golden Lear Marathon and more all within driving distance from your Aspen vacation rentals.
Aspen Travel aspen enterainment, aspen homes for rent, aspen rental, aspen vacation home rental, aspen vacation rental, aspen vacation rentals, aspen wedding, smores recipe, vrbo aspen
There are plenty of cultural happenings in Aspen, Colorado as you enjoy your stay at your Aspen vacation rentals. Locals are quite proud of its cultural heritage that inspires the mind, body and spirit. Throughout the year you can choose from exciting live music, to professional dance performances, to famous art exhibits. The following are some of the exciting events going on right now!
The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, an acclaimed professional dance company, is wowing crowds this summer with an exciting mix of shows. They also play an important role in the summer Aspen Dance Festival. Beyond performing, the ballet offers classes to youth and adults alike. For more information, visit www.aspensantafeballet.com.
The City of Aspen is of the opinion that one can’t ever enjoy enough art! There are plenty of museums and exhibits to check out. For more information on current exhibits you can check Google the Anderson Ranch Arts Center and the Aspen Art museum. Current exhibitions at the art museum include Haegue Yang’s creations and the art of Stephen Shore. There are also great opportunities for those who want to take art classes. Visit www.aspenchamber.org and click on the Art Museum and Centers tab.
You can head into town on the weekends and some weekdays to enjoy local bands at favorite bars. You can also take in an evening of Jazz, symphony, and contemporary concerts. You can review the music events calendar at www.aspenmusicfestival.com. Additionally, for those who want to learn more about music, there are all sorts of great classes offered through the Aspen Music Festival.
In addition to dance, art and music, you can enjoy everything from poetry gatherings at local coffee shops, take in a show at the Wheeler Opera House, or enjoy a play at the Theatre Aspen.
The sky is the limit when it comes to fun in Aspen for those who want to enjoy more than amazing scenery!
Aspen Blog aspen enterainment, Aspen Event, aspen holiday events, aspen vacation homes, aspen vacation rentals
Winter Entertainment and Events in Aspen, CO
The snow is on the ground, the lights are hanging all over the neighborhood, and it’s officially winter time! Aspen, CO is the perfect Holiday Destination for anyone, whether you are looking to spend time with your loved ones, wanting to experience nature at its best, or just ready to take on some of the best skiing or snowboarding in the world! If you truly want a white Christmas and are looking for the most beautiful Aspen Vacation Rentals, you have come to the right place! Aspen is the place to be, and everyone in Colorado is counting down to the 12 Days of Aspen!
Here are our daily picks to look forward to for the 12 Days of Aspen:
December 20: Skating with Santa at the Aspen Recreation Center
December 21: Igloo Building Contest at the Aspen Recreation Center
December 22: Santa and His Live Reindeer at Wagner Park
December 23: Palace Production Carolers at the Cooper & Galena
December 24: Locals Vocals Victorian Carolers at the Hotel Jerome Main Lobby
December 25: Free Aspen Ornament & Candy Canes at Aspen Sports, Downtown
December 26: Feliz Navidad – Games, Crafts, and more! at the Aspen Recreation Center
December 27: The Wheeler Presents: A Fine Frenzy at the Wheeler Opera House
December 28: Aspen Art Museum’s Dennis Basso Freestyle at the St. Regis Resort
December 29: Cirque d’Aspen benefitting Aspen Youth Center at the Aspen High School Gym
December 30: Maxie and Polly the Pirate - Story telling, face painting, balloon animals, magic and fun! At the Downtown Mall
December 30: Fireworks over Aspen Mountain!
Need a Vacation Home in Aspen? Check out latest rates on Aspen Vacation Rentals.
View Larger Map